About Our ProJect
This project focuses on supporting students from multiple racial and socioeconomic backgrounds in learning about science in a meaningful way. This work is a type of research-practice partnership (RPP), which includes both the development of curricula and contexts for learning and systematic research that contributes to understanding how science teachers and students learn. We hope to transform science teaching and learning through long-term community-engaged partnerships where researchers and educators work together to create more learning opportunities in science classrooms.
- Supporting students to engage in deep thinking beyond memorization; Helping students figure things out
- Bringing back the love of science
- Engaging in the process, making multiple connections, instead of showing a simple, final answer
- Moving beyond right vs. wrong; create the culture of learning, instead of playing the 'school game'
- Promoting equity and justice through the learning of science